Re: [Yaffs] porting yaffs2 to linuix user mode

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] porting yaffs2 to linuix user mode
On Wednesday 10 September 2008 17:10:44 Manju BC wrote:
> thanks charls
>
> As i got direct module compiling is that sufficient to port yaffs2 to
> linuix user mode.. can you please tell me the steps to be followed to port
> yaffs2 to linuix user mode..

The way to run yaffs in user mode is to use yaffs direct.
Yaffs Direct is intended for using yaffs on an RTOS, but can also be built in
a simulator for user mode usage. Just do into yaffs2/direct and do a make
there.

It you want to use yaffs in a Linux target platform then it is far better to
use kernel mode.

-- Charles