[Yaffs] Fat w/YAFFS

Author: Andre Renaud
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] Fat w/YAFFS
Hello,
We've got a product where we'd like to export some storage off via USB
mass storage. However to do this under Linux it has to be a standard
filesystem, since the host has to under stand it, ie: FAT. Unfortunately
there doesn't seem to be a reliable way of running FAT on NAND under
Linux (or any way, let along reliable).

One suggestion has been to make a very large file on the YAFFS
partition, which is internally fat formatted, mount it loopback on our
device, and export it over USB when required.

Has anyone had any experience with this kind of setup? Are there any
performance issues, or possibilities of corruption? The unit will
probably lose power quite frequently, so we cannot be sure of a nice
shutdown.

Thanks,
Andre

--
Bluewater Systems Ltd - ARM Technology Solution Centre

       Andre Renaud                             Unit 5, Amuri Park
       Phone: +64 3 3779127                     404 Barbadoes St
       Fax:   +64 3 3779135                     PO Box 13 889
       Email:             Christchurch, 8013
       Web:   http://www.bluewatersys.com       New Zealand
       Freecall Australia  1800 148 751         USA 1800 261 2934