Re: [Yaffs] The mounted yaffs2 file system just has a lost+f…

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] The mounted yaffs2 file system just has a lost+found directory
On Tuesday 03 February 2009 03:17:37 lijinlei1 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please forgive me if this is not the place to ask such kind of questions.
>
> I checkout the latest yaffs2 code and patched to kernel. The kernel options
> are:
>
> <*> YAFFS2 file system support
> -*-   512 byte / page devices
> [ ]     Use older-style on-NAND data format with pageStatus byte
> [ ]       Lets Yaffs do its own ECC
> -*-   2048 byte (or larger) / page devices
> [*]     Autoselect yaffs2 format
> [ ]     Disable lazy loading
> [ ]   Turn off wide tnodes
> [ ]   Force chunk erase check
> [*]   Cache short names in RAM

> I created a yaffs2 file system with mkyaffs2image, and then I "burned" the
> image to flash: flash_eraseall /dev/mtd2
> nandwrite -a -o /dev/mtd2 ./rootfs.yaffs2
>
> After successfully (?) mounting the root fs I found there is nothing except
> a empty lost+found directory. kernel version: 2.6.24.
> Flash type: (Sumsung K9F4G08U0A)

It would seem that the tags are corrupted or lost.

Please check that the way that mkyaffs2image has written the tags data matches
the way that the mtd reads the data and passes it back to yaffs.

Because the mtd drivers have great variance in how they handle the oob tags
area it is impossible to have a single way for mkyaffs2image to write the
tags. Instead you will likely need to tweak the tags writing to make this
work.

-- Charles