Re: [Balloon] Emdebian Grip on Balloon

+ (application/pgp-signature)
Author: Neil Williams
To: balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Emdebian Grip on Balloon
On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 17:35:29 +0000
Wookey <> wrote:

> Yesterday the very new Emdebian Grip distro booted on Balloon - the
> first boot on a non-x86 target.

I've finally committed the supporting changes to the balloonboard SVN.

1. Requires emdebian-rootfs (>= 1.5.2) currently available from
Emdebian. I'll be making the upload to Debian today. For some reason,
emdebian-rootfs 1.5.2 itself has a spurious dependency on
libemdebian-tools-perl which I'll sort out. (A manifestation of #518130)
The temporary fix is to install emdebian-tools and upgrade from that -
I know there are lots of extra dependencies but I need to fix the bug
to get rid of those and still maintain the debconf support.

2. new directory to keep these changes distinct from normal Debian
builds - rootfs/emdebian

3. very new, lightly tested, please be cautious and expect improvements.
:-)

--

Neil Williams