[Yaffs] yaffs2 support for linux 2.6.23

Author: Rupesh Kumar
To: yaffs
CC: Virupax SS
Subject: [Yaffs] yaffs2 support for linux 2.6.23
Hi
I am using custom board based on MPC8313 processor. I have 2.6.23 kernel
running on it . I tried for YAFFS2 support on this kernel.
For this i downloaded "yaffs2.tar.gz" for this kernel and compiled kernel
with yaffs2 support.
I used "mkyaffs2image" utility to generate rootfs image and then i wrote
this rootfs image to one of nand partition.
When i tried to boot using yaffs2 rfs it failed saying unable to open init
console. Exact message is shown below.

rtc-ds1307 0-0068: setting the system clock to 2009-07-09 19:06:16
(1247166376)
yaffs: dev is 32505867 name is "mtdblock11"
yaffs: passed flags ""
yaffs: Attempting MTD mount on 31.11, "mtdblock11"
yaffs: restored from checkpoint
VFS: Mounted root (yaffs2 filesystem).
Freeing unused kernel memory: 152k init
Warning: unable to open an initial console.
Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to
kernel.
Rebooting in 180 seconds..

Then, i rebooted system with ramdisk image and peeked in to the flash
partition, it had only "Lost+Found" folder :(

~ # mount -t yaffs2 /dev/mtdblock11 /tmp/
yaffs: dev is 32505867 name is "mtdblock11"
yaffs: passed flags ""
yaffs: Attempting MTD mount on 31.11, "mtdblock11"
yaffs: restored from checkpoint
~ # cd /tmp/
/tmp # ls
lost+found
/tmp #

Then, i manually copied rfs folders in flash drive. it complained fornot
erased chunls and wrote.

**>> yaffs chunk 20983 was not erased
**>> yaffs chunk 20984 was not erased
**>> yaffs chunk 20985 was not erased
**>> yaffs chunk 20986 was not erased
**>> yaffs chunk 20987 was not erased
**>> yaffs chunk 20988 was not erased
**>> yaffs chunk 20989 was not erased
**>> yaffs chunk 20990 was not erased
**>> yaffs chunk 20991 was not erased
**>> yaffs write required 260 attempts
~ # ls /tmp/
bin         etc         mnt         proc        sbin        usr
dev         lost+found  opt         root        sys         var
~ #

Now, Just to verify everything in rfs, i just unmounted and again mounted
that flash drive.

~ # umount /tmp
save exit: isCheckpointed 1
~ # mount -t yaffs2 /dev/mtdblock11 /tmp/
yaffs: dev is 32505868 name is "mtdblock11"
yaffs: passed flags ""
yaffs: Attempting MTD mount on 31.11, "mtdblock11"
yaffs: restored from checkpoint
~ # ls /tmp/
lost+found
~ #

Could somebody out there please explain what is going worng ?

Thanks
Rupesh