Re: [Yaffs] Yaffs2 erasure issue on MT29 NAND part

Author: Andrew McKay
To: Sharanu TURAMARI
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Yaffs2 erasure issue on MT29 NAND part
Sharanu TURAMARI wrote:

> Hi,
> Things to ponder about if you have not already done:
>
> - Try using first 1 GB partition since if 2 GB Micron flash is of
> different dies and there is a single chip select ,there can be problem.Try
> to recreate the problem by freshly erasing it...

I have erased the part and managed to get it back into similar states. Though
now it seems to just retire blocks. It doesn't try to retire them and fail,
then try to retire them again.

> - Change the nand.h file to reflect the maximum page size and oob
> information macros if not already done ..

This has been done. I patched in the required changes from newer kernels to
support 4K 128bit oob devices.

> - mtd_abi.h has nand_oobinfo structure and eccpos field which has 32 length
> ,change it to 64 byte lenght.

I checked the HEAD of the MTD git repository. This field has length 32 there as
well, so I'm not understanding why I'd need to do this.

Andrew