Re: [Yaffs] Using YAFFS2 image from mkyaffs2image with MTD u…

Author: zheng shi
To: Voser, Peter
CC: yaffs@lists.aleph1.co.uk
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Using YAFFS2 image from mkyaffs2image with MTD utility nandwrite
A suggestion: use nanddump to watch what is really burned into flash.
Most probably yaffs tags is not in its place, which is 2 bytes offset
within oob area.

And if the image from nanddump is not compatible with YAFFS image, you may
have a check of your NAND driver.
Maybe the OOB area are already taken by NAND driver and there's not enough space
for YAFFS.

Another suggestion is to use yaffs with inband-tags, but it still
needs a tweak for current
mkyaffs2image source code.