[Yaffs] Using yaffs2 on SD memory card (mmc device)

Author: Mike Mimic
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] Using yaffs2 on SD memory card (mmc device)
Hi!

I am searching for a Linux filesystem for use on a SD memory card (mmc device) and I am wondering if yaffs2 can be used on a mmc (and not mtd) device? I know that mmc devices do not allow direct access to flash and SD memory cards already do internal wear leveling but I still think that yaffs2 ECC feature would be useful on it as it is still flash storage and I would like additional ECC on a filesystem level. Is this possible? To store chunk + ECC data on a mcc device? This will probably then be misaligned with underlying flash blocks?

And what is maximum partition size yaffs2 currently supports?

Mike