Re: [Balloon] Fw: Re: Fw: FPGA file

Author: Chris Jones
To: Balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Fw: Re: Fw: FPGA file
Wookey wrote:
> The FPGA variant of balloon has not been getting much attention
> recently so it's not much of a surprise that 'latest' build from
> balloonboard SVN seems to be broken.
>

> Looks loading the image is not in fact not working. Anyone care to
> guess why (CJ?)

It's extremely likely that the .bin file in Subversion is out of date. I
wouldn't expect the FPGA version to work without being rebuilt from
source. The FPGA and CPLD versions are both built from (mostly) the same
source. I've been keeping the CPLD .jed file up to date with the source
as far as possible, but the FPGA .bin file is likely to have fallen far
behind.

Strictly speaking, the .bin and .jed files shouldn't be in svn at all,
since they're built files, not source, but they're there as a
convenience to those who haven't allowed their hard drives to be swamped
by gigabytes of Xilinx tools.

If you've got Xilinx ISE 9.2i to hand, try opening the FPGA project file
and rebuilding it.

Chris

--
Chris Jones -
Martin-Jones Technology Ltd, makers of Solidlights