[Yaffs] Yaffs ECC/ spare byte overhead question

+ (text/html)
Author: Henri Cloetens
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] Yaffs ECC/ spare byte overhead question

Hi,

I am looking at ways to do ECC for MLC nand flash.
I have a question in this regards on the Yaffs file system:

When used together with a NAND flash with 2kbyte sectors, how many
spare bytes
are needed for the Yaffs headers ?. (#bytes / 2kbyte sector).

I need this number, so I can figure out how many bytes can be used by
the ECC.
I want to design my ECC to use up all spares not needed by Yaffs.

Best Regards,

Henri Cloetens.

Charles Manning wrote:

Fixed something...