[Yaffs] Design question

Author: Eddie Dawydiuk
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] Design question
Hi all,

The other day someone asked me a question regarding the interface between Yaffs2
and MTD regarding ECC and bad block handling. I know one has the option to let
Yaffs do the ECC, or it can be handled by MTD. I also know Yaffs can retire
blocks and keep track of what blocks are bad. Further I know MTD has a similar
mechanism(Bad block table). So my question is if one configures MTD to handle
ECC as well as to keep track of bad blocks(via bad block table), then does Yaffs
have any feedback(or does Yaffs even care) regarding bad blocks, for instance
when bad blocks are discovered and what blocks are marked bad? I'm really
looking from a high level design/architecture point of view. Could someone point
me in the right direction on this topic?

Thanks in advance for any information.

--
Best Regards,
  Eddie Dawydiuk, Technologic Systems | voice:  (480) 837-5200