[Yaffs] Static code analysis hints

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] Static code analysis hints
Hello All

In the interests of continued yaffs improvement I'm looking into static code
analysis tools.

I know yaffs has some poor signed/unsigned mixing that has caused issues in
the past and is (hopefully) currently benign. I would, however like to
improve things by running the code through checkers.

I looked at splint, but it seems to get quite upset about legal constructs
such as the doubly linked list code. I am a bit concerned that once all the
noisy flags are turned off the test is not really doing anything. You can
turn these flags on/off by using decorated comments, but that makes the code
pretty ugly.

Any hints appreciated.

Thanks

-- CHarles