Re: [Yaffs] YAFFS2 Query

+ (text/html)
Author: Saquib
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] YAFFS2 Query
Hi,

Thanks for your continued support and cooperation.

On MTD partition size of 2MB, I am trying to mount the YAFFS2.

Steps are as follows:

(1) First I have written the low level driver to access NAND flash.
(2) Hook-up all the low level functions to fill MTD structures.
(3) Then I'd given the command to create block device
#mknod -m 777 /dev/mtdblock0 b 31 0
(4) #mkdir /mnt
(5) #mount -t yaffs2 /dev/mtdblock0 /mnt
(6) In /mnt folder i can see lost+found
(7) While trying to create directory or file could see the following error
"*yaffs tragedy: no more eraased blocks*"

On doing the # cat /proc/yaffs can see the below results, *nErasedBlocks *is
zero.
startBlock......... 0
endBlock........... 15
chunkGroupBits..... 0
chunkGroupSize..... 1
nErasedBlocks...... 0
nTnodesCreated..... 100
nFreeTnodes........ 100
nObjectsCreated.... 200
nFreeObjects....... 96
nFreeChunks........ 0
nPageWrites........ 0
nPageReads......... 0
nBlockErasures..... 0
nGCCopies.......... 0
garbageCollections. 0
passiveGCs......... 0
nRetriedWrites..... 0
nRetireBlocks...... 0
eccFixed........... 0
eccUnfixed......... 0
tagsEccFixed....... 0
tagsEccUnfixed..... 0
cacheHits.......... 0
nDeletedFiles...... 0
nUnlinkedFiles..... 2
nBackgroudDeletions 0
useNANDECC......... 1
isYaffs2........... 1

Please let me know, is this the problem with low level driver or I am
missing something else.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Saquib Herman