Re: [Yaffs] yaffs background processing: phase 1

+ (text/html)
Author: Hugo Etchegoyen
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] yaffs background processing: phase 1
Charles,

I've been trying the version with block refreshing and I think it is OK
for static wear-leveling.

I just want to point out two typos:

(1) In Kconfig the option YAFFS_DISABLE_BLOCK_REFRESHING is qualified as
"boot" instead of "bool".

(2) In yaffs_fs.c the file /proc/yaffs is created read-only (S_IRUGO |
S_IFREG). Adding S_IWUSR allowed me to configure tracing options by
writing to the file -- very nice!

Hugo

Charles Manning escribió:
> Hi All
>
> I've just added the first phase of background processing to yaffs for Linux.
>
> This moves directory updating into the background which reduces the amount of
> writing needed when updating directories.
>
> Phase 2 will move some garbage collection into background too.
>
> -- Charles

Ing. Hugo Eduardo Etchegoyen*
*Gerente Dto. Software de Base

Compañía Hasar | Grupo Hasar*
*Marcos Sastre y José Ingenieros
El Talar. Pacheco
[B1618CSD] Buenos Aires. Argentina
Tel [54 11] 4117 8900 | Fax [54 11] 4117 8998
E-mail:
Visítenos en: www.hasar.com
<http://www.hasar.com>Información legal y política de confidencialidad:
www.grupohasar.com/disclaimer <http://www.grupohasar.com/disclaimer>