Re: [Balloon] svn 1014 build breaks

Author: Wookey
To: Charles Manning
CC: balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] svn 1014 build breaks
+++ Charles Manning [2010-03-11 15:07 +1300]:
> I got r 839 built fine.
>
> I updated to 1014 and the build failed the same as when SUBDIRS was set to
> both emdebian and debian.
>
> 1014 only tries SUBDIR = emdebian and the build fails as below.
>
> Any hints?

> Multistrap system installed successfully
> in ../../../build/rootfs/emdebian/emdebian-grip-rootfs/.
>
> # the real sources are in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
> rm -f ../../../build/rootfs/emdebian/emdebian-grip-rootfs/etc/apt/sources.list
> touch multistrap-stamp
> #fix up rootfs enough to boot it and do dpkg --configure -a
> ROOTFS_CONFIG='rootfs-config'
> FILES='files'
> + '[' '' = ../../../build/rootfs/emdebian/emdebian-grip-rootfs ']'
> + '[' -e ../../../build/rootfs/emdebian/emdebian-grip-rootfs ']'
> + ROOTFS=../../../build/rootfs/emdebian/emdebian-grip-rootfs
> + '[' / = ROOTFS ']'
> + '[' '' = files ']'
> + '[' -d files ']'
> + CONFIG=files
> + '[' -e config ']'
> + . config
> ./rootfs-config: line 37: .: config: file not found
> make[2]: *** [../../../build/rootfs/emdebianrootstrap.tgz] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/balloon/trunk/rootfs/emdebian'
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/balloon/trunk/rootfs'
> make: *** [all] Error 1

Hmm. I'm not getting this problem on my builds because the bit before
fails:
+ /dev/MAKEDEV -v std
create mem     c 1 1 root:kmem 0640
mknod: mem-': Operation not permitted

which isn't fatal, but does mean it never does the above so my build
completes, but not with any device files in the rootfs.

The above failure is odd. presumably you do have a file called
"config" in your trunk/rootfs/emdebian/ dir?
try adding echo `pwd` to rootfs-config just before #read in settings

alternatively nobble that file to set
CONSOLE=ttyS2
CONSOLESPEED=115200
internally and skip reading "config" by way of a workaround.

As mentioned previously, for nand experiments you don't want a debian
or emdebian root anyway so setting
ROOTFSTOBUILD=""
in your top-level makefile.local (or Makefile.inc) will get you past
this problem (and save quite a lot of time) until you actually need it
and we work out what the problem is.

I've been having fun and games with different version of multistrap
and fakeroot which cause all this stuff that used to work nicely to go
wrong, especially when wrapped in fakeroot. We fixed an obscure bug to
day to do with relative paths. Actually I think I simply want to use
realpath and get rid of all the relative paths as they tend to cause
breakage. But lets get you going first, as that could be an invasive
change.

Which version of fakeroot do you have installed? fakeroot or
fakeroot-ng?

Principal hats: iEndian - Balloonboard - Toby Churchill - Emdebian
http://wookware.org/