Re: [Yaffs] [YAFFS2] : some basic queries on YAFFS2

Author: Ross Younger
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] [YAFFS2] : some basic queries on YAFFS2
Saquib wrote:
> *In case of using YAFFS2 direct interface, do we need MTD interface or
> similar layer like MTD? *

You need to provide a certain set of functions in your
yaffs_DeviceParamStruct to access your NAND chip. I suggest you take a
look at yaffs_mtdif2.c, which is a set of such functions which use the
Linux MTD layer. If rolling your own from scratch, you will need to
think about exactly where in the spare (OOB) area of each page the YAFFS
tags will live, and whether your driver should compute and check ECC on
the page data.

Ross

--
eCosCentric Ltd, Barnwell House, Barnwell Drive, Cambridge CB5 8UU, UK
Registered in England no. 4422071.                 www.ecoscentric.com