[Yaffs] Yaffs2 and Kernel 2.6.15

Author: Martin Oehler
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] Yaffs2 and Kernel 2.6.15
Hello,

I'm trying to compile yaffs2 for an embedded device (a ppc) that
is using a 2.6.15 kernel. After fetching the current git checkout
and patching the kernel with the copy option I'm able to select
yaffs2 for compilation.

Now I'm getting these - as it seems when searching the yaffs list archive -
very classic compile errors:

fs/yaffs2/yaffs_fs.c:125:27: error: linux/uaccess.h: No such file or
directory
[...]
fs/yaffs2/yaffs_fs.c: In function 'yaffs_internal_read_super':
fs/yaffs2/yaffs_fs.c:2196: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from
pointer target type
fs/yaffs2/yaffs_fs.c:2461: error: 'nandmtd_WriteChunkToNAND' undeclared
(first use in this function)
fs/yaffs2/yaffs_fs.c:2461: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once
fs/yaffs2/yaffs_fs.c:2461: error: for each function it appears in.)
fs/yaffs2/yaffs_fs.c:2462: error: 'nandmtd_ReadChunkFromNAND' undeclared
[..]

The source of these errors seems to be the rather old mtd device
implementation in this kernel version. I tried the patch inside the
patches subdirectory of the git checkout without success. Futhermore,
I was unable to find *the* mtd patch that needs to be applied to
kernels before 2.6.18 (if I understand correctly, 2.6.18 brought
the necessary implementation change to mtd devices) to change
the mtd driver as needed.

Is anyone on this list perhaps using a comparable old kernel with yaffs2
and give me a hint to the correct patchset?

A tar archive of an older yaffs version or a hint which revision to check
out would be very helpful too.

Thanks in advance for your help.

With kind regards,
Martin