Re: [Balloon] balloon HEAD working for FPGA

Author: Wookey
To: balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] balloon HEAD working for FPGA
+++ Wookey [2010-03-28 22:21 +0100]:

> OK. I can now report that HEAD is working again on FPGA boards, so
> people who have these boards can move forward to 'current' at long last.
>
> We are now very close to a release 1.0 of balloonboard code. The
> remaining blocker is issues with rootfs generation on some setups,
> whcih was all working just fine for the last year or so but something
> has broken it, and running builds under fakeroot also breaks things.
> Sorting this out involves tidying up some really ugly make/shell code
> we have.

OK, this is now done. Code much improved. Currently only the emdebian
rootfs stuff is tarted up. Debian rootfs to follow. I'll do some more
testing tomorrow to check clean builds and uploads and that variant
builds do actually build the right things, but I'm much happier with
the way it works now.

Principal hats: iEndian - Balloonboard - Toby Churchill - Emdebian
http://wookware.org/