Re: [Balloon] Help the newbie

+ (application/pgp-signature)
Author: Neil Williams
To: balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Help the newbie
On Mon, 17 May 2010 14:52:30 +1200
Charles Manning <> wrote:

> Newbie still has woes...
>
> I pulled latest svn and now don't pass the "does it build" test :-(.
>
> svn now at 1062

Which version of multistrap do you have installed?

$ dpkg -l multistrap

From the log:
em_multistrap 0.0.8 using multistrap-balloon.conf

multistrap 2.0.5 had this bug (misreporting the version string in the
log), later versions use the version of the multistrap package itself.

You need to update to 2.0.9 (current version in testing) - 2.1.4 is in
unstable and will migrate into testing in a few days.

> linux zlib1gudev

parsing typo.

> What is that zlib1gudev? The only packages I can find via Google is
> linuxzlib1g-dev.

Because it's been badly parsed when 'udev' was added to the existing
list which ended with 'zlib1g'.

--

Neil Williams