Re: [Yaffs] yaffs2 image

Author: Viswanathan, Vijay
To: Charles Manning
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] yaffs2 image
You should use nanddump.

[Viswanathan, Vijay] thanks but something is still missing it is booting
up off the image no kernel panic etc., but the application is not
starting up none of the OS initialization but iam getting the username:
prompt

If I don't burn the image and boot i.e., when I just erase nand erase
0x180000 0x1e80000
And boot I get kernel panic Which means it creates some meaningful image
and it writes some meaningful image but its not my image.

I did
nanddump /dev/mtd1 full-dump-file
nanddump /dev/mtd1 full-dump-file-1 0x180000 0x1e80000
nanddump /dev/mtd1 offset-dump-file 0x184000

but all of them have similar results

the image is not close to the dd image, iam supposed to see just the OOB
[ some 16 bytes ? ] header extra added to the top of each page right ?

This transmission is intended only for use by the intended
recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient you should not read, disclose copy, circulate or in any other way use the information contained in this transmission. The information contained in this transmission may be confidential and/or privileged. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this transmission including any attachments.