Re: [Balloon] What's the latest working kernel?

Author: Wookey
To: balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] What's the latest working kernel?
+++ Charles Manning [2010-08-06 16:16 +1200]:
> I'm currently dabbling with 2.6.29 and wand something fresher. Isee there is
> 2.6.34 in the kernel dir.
>
> If I just change KERNELVER in Makefile.inc will it all work?

2.6.34 is definately working, so in principle yes, but I don't
guarantee that if you have built an older kernel first, then change
makefile.inc and build new kernel, that everything works OK. A make clean
or even make distclean is probably necessary to clean out 2.6.29
files, links, quilt patches etc.

Principal hats: Linaro, Emdebian, Wookware, Balloonboard, ARM
http://wookware.org/