Re: [Yaffs] NZ Earthquake

Author: Wookey
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] NZ Earthquake
+++ Charles Manning [2010-09-05 16:15 +1200]:
> Hello All
>
> On Saturday morning we were shaken awake by a magnitude 7.1 earthquake
> centred approx 25 km away. Nobody killed and not that much damage
> considering what equivalent earthquakes have recently inflicted on
> other parts of the world.
>
> We lost power and internet. Those have been restored but might be
> intermittent and that might lead to some delays in handling yaffs
> mailing list issues.

I was wondering how the excitement might be affecting you. I presume
you were far enough away not to have suffered significant damage,
although I'm not sure exactly how fast these things decay with range?
Is that 25km from your house? Sounds pretty close to me!

Principal hats: Linaro, Emdebian, Wookware, Balloonboard, ARM
http://wookware.org/