Re: [Yaffs] 2 chunks getting written for object header on cr…

+ (text/html)
Author: sandeep dhoot
To: Charles Manning
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] 2 chunks getting written for object header on creating a file
Thanks Charles for replying.

Well that surely is a problem. But as I observe, when I create a file
setattr is always getting called immediately after mknod. Is that supposed
to be so? So can we call UpdateObjectHeader for mknod and not for setattr
since creating a file is major operation and not setting attributes.

Also as you mention, how good addition will caching object headers would be?
I would be interested in implementing it in my project. Any other viable
enhancements to current behavior of yaffs that you can suggest? I even
thought of having data bytes in the chunk that holds Object header, that
would save a lot of storage space. Anything you want to comment on it?

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Regards,
Sandeep