Re: [Yaffs] Directory execute permission missing

Author: Sébastien Bourdeauducq
To: yaffs
CC: Charles Manning
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Directory execute permission missing
Hi,

On Wednesday 24 November 2010 19:04:55 Charles Manning wrote:
> On Thursday 25 November 2010 05:14:31 Sébastien Bourdeauducq wrote:
> > I'm trying to port YAFFS2 to RTEMS, using code close to the direct
> > interface. I'm noticing that the permissions (field obj->yst_mode) of the
> > root and /lost+found directory objects (haven't tried others yet) lack
> > the execute permission - the field's value is 40666. Any idea about what
> > might cause this?
>
> Did you try setting the permissions?

No - I didn't touch anything related to permissions. It something to be
expected that there is no execution permission on the root node and
/lost+found of a "blank" filesystem (ie with erased flash)? This sounds
surprising.

> This exception does not apply to GPL2, and thus yaffs. As the RTEMS
> exception goes on to say "This exception does not however invalidate any
> other reasons why the executable file might be covered by the GNU Public
> License."

My final executable[1] is covered by the GPL and the YAFFS2 support made into a
separate library not distributed with RTEMS. Maybe we can even merge it in
your tree when it's done? My "glue" code is GPL too.

Regards,
Sébastien
[1] http://www.milkymist.org/flickernoise.html