Re: [Yaffs] Yaffs2 Question

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Yaffs2 Question
On Saturday 26 March 2011 17:23:28 HuangAlex wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have some questions.
> 1.       For yaffs2, I know there is a checkpoint strategy. The yaffs will
> write the current status of the system into block before the next mount. So
> I wonder do the yaffs rewrite that old chunks stored the information every
> time or it will use new chunks for every “checkpoint”?

The yaffs allocation policy tends to partially randomise block use. THat means
the checkpoint will not always end up on the same blocks.

> 2.       For the
> update file, can I said that any change in a file will lead to write a new
> object header in the end? If not, what situation will lead to update a new
> object header?

New object headers are written whenever:
* file metadata is changed (file attributes, name etc).
* modified file is closed/flushed.
* directory contents change.

Garbage collection will also cause object headers to be rewritten.