Re: [Yaffs] is YAFFS_DISABLE_BACKGROUND handled at all?

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] is YAFFS_DISABLE_BACKGROUND handled at all?
On Wednesday 04 May 2011 21:39:39 Andrea Gasparini wrote:
> Hi Charles,
>
> Charles Manning wrote, Tuesday 03 May 2011:
> > These were cleaned out of the code but not in the Kconfig. Consider it a
> > benign oversight rather than a bug :-).
>
> I see ;)
>
> But, if I'd like to disable yaffs background processing from boot
> arguments, how is it supposed to be done?

The background gc control was stripped out because the kernel people did not
want to see it in mainlining. It is impossible to satisfy everyone :-).

If you wish, you can modify the options parsing to control background gc.

> And just for completeness, I noticed this from my tests on an old
> filesystem flashed with an HWECC (kernel 2.6.18 on DaVinci dm365, and the
> "OOB_FIRST" pattern).
> I can't anymore got yaffs2 working with a newer kernel/yaffs, given that it
> works only with a software ECC. (but it's really slower)
> Did you have any suggestion also on this?

If you have two subjects, please post them under different threads.

-- Charles