[Yaffs] yaffs buffer properties

+ (text/html)
Author: Xiaoguang Chen
To: yaffs@lists.aleph1.co.uk
Subject: [Yaffs] yaffs buffer properties
Hi, Yaffs friends
I want to ask a question about yaffs buffer.
I'm using onenand with yaffs2 file system in Android. I want to use DMA to transfer data from onenand data ram to upper lavel's buffer. you know, dma transfer need the destination address to be physically continuous. When yaffs want to read data from mtd or directly from onenand, will the buffer has a continuous physical address in yaffs? For example, if yaffs want 8K data, will the 8K buffer physically continous? If so, I can do dma transfer directly, if not , DMA operation cannot be performed. So how is the buffer organized in yaffs?

thanks
Xiaoguang