Re: [Yaffs] sequence number and time

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] sequence number and time
On Tuesday 14 June 2011 04:02:06 HuangAlex wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know sequence number is the block allocation order,

Correct
> but i am wonder does the order of sequence number is also the creation time

order of files?

No. File times are file properties and have nothing to do with when they were
written to media.

> I know when yaffs perform gc, if that block contains useful object header

it
> will copies it to a new block whcih has the currently largest sequence
> number, but the time for that header maybe very old. Is that correct?

Yes this is correct.

Garbage collection is part of the internal workings of the file system. These
should have absolutely no bearing on file state. It would be wrong for
garbage collection to change the state of a file.

> Moreover, how does yaffs deal with cold and hot data?

What do you mean by those terms?

-- CHarles