Re: [Yaffs] How to mount a yaffs2 partition on linux ubuntu …

Author: Ross Younger
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] How to mount a yaffs2 partition on linux ubuntu 11.04
On 08/11/11 05:06, Luca wrote:
> Ross where can I find the source code in my Android device?

If the device contains code covered by the GPL, the manufacturer should
have made the relevant source code available to you. While most of the
Android distribution is covered by the Apache license, the Linux kernel
and YAFFS are GPL.

Under the GPL the manufacturer should have provided all relevant source
code with the device, or included a written offer to provide the source
code. What's relevant is that you get the correct source for your
device; them telling you to download the Android tree from
source.android.com isn't good enough, as you may need to refer to any
device-specific modifications they have made. If they haven't provided
the source, ask them for it; if they don't provide it, you should report
this as a possible GPL violation.

Ross