[Yaffs] File Corruption

Author: Chris
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] File Corruption
Linux 2.6.30
yaffs_guts.c,v 1.93 2009/11/07 02:06:58 charles
I have 2 : 32GiB Micron NAND chips. 4096 blocks, 128 blocks/page

Here is what i have:
i have an mtdblock6 partition which is ~8 GiB. I mount using the flags "-t yaffs
-sync". So my mount point is /mnt/mtdblock6. I used "dd" to create a file ~4GiB
called "/mnt/mtdblock6/public". This file is formatted as fat32. Everything
seemed to work fine until i began stressing its limits. I have a script file
which does the following steps 3 times:
1) write files
2) compare files
3) delete files
The first two iterations passed with no problems, the third iteration
experienced some problems. Main problem being the "public" file contains a bunch
of "FF" and "00" where the master boot record for fat32 should be. It seems the
first two iteration would have probably touched nearly every chuck in yaffs,
leaving the third to do a bunch of garbage collection. Does this seem resonable,
if so where could i start to debug?

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Chris Abbott