[Yaffs] The usage of RAM

+ (text/html)
Author: Ray LI
To: yaffs@lists.aleph1.co.uk
Subject: [Yaffs] The usage of RAM
Hi,

I would port Yaffs2 to my platform(STM32 + NAND Flash, uC-OS II).
I'm worried about the usage of RAM.

I read some information from "YAFFS Direct Interface (YDI) Integration Guide".
It said, "For nand with 512byte pages, budget approximately 4kbytes of RAM per 1Mbyte of NAND. For 2kbyte page devices budget approximately 1kbyte per 1Mbyte of NAND."
I have two questiones for this.

1.       Is the usage of RAM changing while I RD/WR the chunks of Flash? (e.g, I use 1kbyte while I use 1Mbyte of Nand, and when I use 2Mbyte I woule use 2kbyte  RAM.)

2.       Does it means that if I use the whole space of flash (128Mbytes, 2kbyes page), I need 128kbytes.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Ray Li