[Yaffs] using yaffs2 with software ecc

+ (text/html)
Author: Jens Rudberg
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] using yaffs2 with software ecc
Hi,
I am working on an application using a mcu not equipped with a NAND controller together with a moderately sized SLC nand with 2k pages.
Since a built in nand controller is missing the nand is connected to an asynchronous bus that can be adapted to communicate correctly.

The only work left to be done is a good implementation of the ecc calculation.
Before implementing ecc calculation in the nand backend myself I wonder if there is a standard way that yaffs2 can do it.
The param.use_nand_ecc that triggers a built in ecc function but this is limited to 512 bytes page size, correct?

Guidance how to do this the best way would be appreciated.

(I am aware of the nands from micron and toshiba with built in ecc, but we can’t limit ourselves to using only this specific parts)

Best regards,
Jens