Re: [Yaffs] Read-Only mounted YAFFS2 - refreshing of NAND pa…

+ (text/html)
Author: Charles Manning
To: Volker Floeder
CC: Bean Huo (beanhuo), yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Read-Only mounted YAFFS2 - refreshing of NAND pages
Hello Volker

Read-only mounting prevents any writes to Yaffs, including any refresh.

It is true that NAND does have a read disturb issue were reading a page can
cause corruption of bits on OTHER pages in the same block. However this
typically takes many hundreds of thousands of read operations.

It is also possible that there is leakage with time.

The best way to assess the impact for your design is to discuss the read
disturb prevalence with your NAND manufacturer.

Perhaps it would be good if Yaffs had a read-only mount mode that was read
only except for doing refresh. Does that sound like something useful?

Regards

Charles