Re: [Yaffs] Read-Only mounted YAFFS2 - refreshing of NAND pa…

Author: vf@floeder.com
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Read-Only mounted YAFFS2 - refreshing of NAND pages
Hi,

Well from my point of view, it would be great if a read-only mounted
filesystem would allow refreshing. And if a scrubbing would be part of
YAFFS2, ensuring that the refresh will take place.

Scanning for bad blocks isn't needed - at least with the chips that I am
using - because if you find one, then it's already too late and a
refresh hasn't been done in time. So a block should only be marked bad
when either erase or write went wrong.

However, although it would be great to have those features, my current
project can easily switch to a writable mount and a scrubbing daemon. -
No big deal for me.

Regards,

Volker