[Yaffs] Yaffs2 on a Linux 2.4 kernel

+ (text/html)
Author: rick@efn.org
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] Yaffs2 on a Linux 2.4 kernel
Hi,

I have a client that has used yaffs1/2 on a Linux 2.4 kernel for some time and was forced to use a newer NAND part. This part has the larger page size so the yaffs software that they have tried switching to yaffs2 but it seems to have some bugs so they sent a unit to me with almost all of the blocks marked "bad". I got the latest git repository but noticed that Linux 2.4 support was not included. Some questions:

1) What git tag represents the last known yaffs release that supported Linux 2.4?

2) Is there a different yaffs repository that supports Linux 2.4 somewhere?

Just FYI, upgrading to a more recent Linux is not an option for this product.

Thanks for any help.

Rick