[Yaffs-archive] Re: Latest CVS

Author: Nick Bane
To: Charles Manning, tglx, yaffs list
CC: Jeffrey Lim, manningc2
Subject: [Yaffs-archive] Re: Latest CVS
> My current stuff is built on 2.4.18 (we used that as a springboard for
> YAFFS). Maybe it is time to move and apply mtd patches. Suggestions? I am

> bit concerned that moving too fast on mtd might mean that YAFFS would then
> require new features and lose backward compatibility. Thoughts?

The newest mtd in cvs seems ideally suited to yaffs and it would be a pity
to not use it. My only problem with the newest mtd api is that it isn't in a
mainstream arm kernel yet. 2.4.19-rmk4 doesn't use the latest read_ecc and
write_ecc api. Can someone (Thomas?) send a patch to Russell for him to
build into rmk5 or something? He was complaining a while back that people
don't feed him stable patches for him to include.

It could be a compile-time option for yaffs with a CONFIG_OLD_MTD_COMPAT
switch that would do it the slow reliable existing way.

Nick