[Yaffs-archive] Re: yaffs segfaults

Author: Charles Manning
To: Nick Bane
CC: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs-archive] Re: yaffs segfaults
On Wed, 04 Dec 2002 09:56, Nick Bane wrote:
[snip]
> I assume that the bug is within yaffs and not mtd ....
>
> One curious thing. While trying to ipkg install nfs-common, it segfaulted
> (reliability seems about 50:50). I immediately re-issued the command and
> all was ok.
>
> Nick

OK, so yaffs did not oops? If it did, could you send me the ksymoops.
Any kernel traces?

Can you send me the /proc/yaffs to help too. These can help.

My hunch so far is that since yaffs, per se, does not seem to be falling over
the problem is likely in the VFS directory stuff (dcache) and yaffs is not
telling it the right things at the right times.

-- CHarles