[Balloon] new 2.4.25 release

Author: Nick Bane
To: Balloon@Balloonboard.Org
Subject: [Balloon] new 2.4.25 release
To all Ballooners

I have just added a new kernel to the balloon repository at http://www.toby-churchill.org/balloon/ .

This extends -tcl1 in 3 ways.

1) Support for multiple identical nand chips soldered onto the balloon board to be treated as a single mtd device. This mirrors the latest bootldr source.

2) A recent mtd tree to support multiple mtd devices and also, poetntially, 16-bit access to nand chips as sponsored by Toby Churchill Ltd.

3) An important bugfix to the usb slave (UDC) device driver. The driver was showing signs of variable instability ie varied from one build to another without an obvious reason. While porting balloon to 2.6.7 (I'll post that later) it was clear that there was a potential dma alignment problem in ep2_send(). Fixing this in 2.6.7 (and another issue too) suggested that a backport to 2.4.25 would be useful. The instability has now gone, hopefully because of the dma aligment fix :-)

Please note: Although this is labeled as directory 2.4.25-vrs2-tcl2 the makefile still builds as 2.4.25-vrs2-tcl1. The reason is to keep the number of supported kernel versions small for out internal needss. The old modules work fine with the new kernel and we didn't want to duplicate them at this stage. A shoddy practice I know but ...

Nick
Nick Bane

+44 (0)1954 719270