RE: [Balloon] Balloon digest, Acces Compact

Author: Nick Bane
To: ura_urkel, balloon
New-Topics: [Balloon] 2.6.8.1-tcl1 available. Mainstone dev board rx'd.
Subject: RE: [Balloon] Balloon digest, Acces Compact
> Dear Friends!!
>
> I have a balloonboard 2.05g and I make a project.
> I see that my balloon has three memories, NAND (96MB) , FLASH MEMORY
> (64 MB) & SDRAM (512 MB) if I understand the specifications correctly.
>
> I see the compact flash. This memory is limited to one chip (Max
> 64MB).

There are man devices you can mount. If you use an ethernet card you can nfs/samba mount what you like. I have used a 1GM microdrive successfully. There is no 64MB limit.

> I have a memory with 16 MB and I would like to access to this
> compact. I make a programs (to study the capacity of this hardware)
> with load of several information with the serial port and save in
> compact flash to export and another equipment, PC for example.

Assuming that this is a CF hard-disk-alike then you need to install pcmcia support and suitable filesystems. vfat is likely to be your best option.

> How mount this device?!?
> With instruccion mount -t /dev/... is correctly(similar Linux)?!

That depends on the partitioning of the CF card. Small ones may be FAT16 on a single partition (eg /dev/hda) while others may have several partitions. I use a variety - vfat, ext2, ext3. All work as expected.

The only problems I have is with resume/suspend but this is also noted in familiar. It seems best to unmount/remount the card around a suspend/resume.

It is a variant of the Familar distribution and therefore Debian Linux.

> Thanks for all!!
> One friend of spain!!

Welcome.

Nick