Re: [Balloon] Balloon3 - how much RAM?

Author: Steve Wiseman
To: freesurf
CC: balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Balloon3 - how much RAM?
06/10/2004 17:52:05, freesurf
<> wrote:

>Hi Steve,
>
>have you checked out the SDRAM from samsung?
>
>http://www.samsung.com/Products/Semiconductor/DRAM/Mobil

eSDRAM/MobileSDRAM.htm

>I don't know if this is a possebility.

It's all in BGA, fineline-bga or teeny-tiny chipscale BGA,
unfortunately. Micron are thr first people I'd met offering mobile
SDRAM in the SOP package. Before I found those, though, I thought
we were really stuck, with only the BGA option, which does seem
to limit us as to size (more because we can't stack them.
However, at least Samsung seem to be supporting 512M in low
voltage - Micron say 'obsolete' - which is a bit odd...

>I think 128MByte would be state of the art.

Does that mean you think 128MBytes is as much as you could ever
want, or as much as you think we can fit?
Are there any big memory users out ther considering Balloon
(other than TCL, who seem to want as much memory as humanly
possible, and tehn a bit more :)

Steve