AW: Re: [Balloon] Balloon3 - how much RAM?

Author: juergen.messerer@freesurf.ch
To: Steve Wiseman
CC: balloon
Subject: AW: Re: [Balloon] Balloon3 - how much RAM?
Yeah. Thats the big question. I'm sure in one or two year everyone wants
256MB RAM or even 512MB RAM.
Thats why I thought to make a Memory module for embedded device like the
one in a commen PC.

But one of the main problem is the connector and the board is not as compact
as a onboard design.

What possebilties we have:

1) Only Micron RAM version--> which is easy expandable but on the other
hand which needs more space
2) Only BGA Version --> which is very compact, but you can't increase the
amount of memory
3) A mix of BGA and SOP --> which is a compromise of the first two (128MByte
BGA and optional 128MByte SOP)
4) Memory Module --> which is unique in the embedded market but this will
increase the procuction cost

I think one of those possebilities is the right solution. We have to decide
now which is the right one.

Happy choosing

Juergen