[Balloon] Re: Adding 5V uspply to 3.3V board

Author: Wookey
To: Balloon
Subject: [Balloon] Re: Adding 5V uspply to 3.3V board
+++ Wookey [05-01-03 16:19 +0000]:
> OK, I've got a supply of MAX 604 Chips.
>
> Looking at the schematic suggests that I should just add one of these to
> U22, and that U22 is right next to the Xilinx and the other MAX604 chip -
> right?
>
> However whilst this chip seems to be an option on it's own (here:
> http://balloonboard.org/hardware/buildoptions.html ) it looks like I also
> need to add a couple of links (R12 and R36) _or_ the MAX 894 switch for 5V
> power to make it anywhere other than the 3V regulator - right?

OK - more perusal shows that it's more subtle than this - R12 and R36 (or
U7) are only needed for the Audio power amp 5V and LCD 5V supply, neither of
which is used by most people. So in fact one can reasonably fit neither (as
we have been doing to date on 205g ('guralp') builds), which don't have the
power amp fitted anyway. USB 5V is supplied direct.