RE: [Yaffs] Using YAFFS with an array of NOR flash.

Author: Charles Manning
To: Michael Erickson, yaffs
Subject: RE: [Yaffs] Using YAFFS with an array of NOR flash.
Many people have done YAFFS on NOR and indeed there are some shipping
products using this.

YAFFS does not do erase suspend, so garbage collection is a bit slow.
Still, it should be fine for testing purposes.
Let's say you have a block size of 64kB.
Each "chunk" needs 512 data bytes + 16 spare bytes = 528 bytes.
Therefore each block can hold 64K/528 = 124 chunks.

So, set chunksPerBlock to 124 and away you go!

-- Charles