Re: [Yaffs] Re: yaffs2 problems

Author: Charles Manning
To: Sergei Sharonov, yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Re: yaffs2 problems
Hi Sergei

Stuff below...

On Thursday 21 April 2005 02:51, Sergei Sharonov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Problems:
> > 1. umount fails with message:
> > VFS: Busy inodes after unmount. Self-destruct in 5 seconds.
> > Have a nice day...
> > 2. some files disappear after re-mounting
> > 3. (a lot of) segmentation faults
> > 4. df shows garbage
>
> Ok, I managed to get rid of "self-destruct" message and possibly of
> segfaults by replacing kill_litter_super with kill_block_super
> See: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/pipermail/yaffs/2004q4/000887.html

Did you erase the flash before using it for YAFFS2? The stuff below looks a
bit like this was not done, but more likely it is a tags corruption issue,
either in the low level stuff or in mtd.

It also looks like there could be some low-level corruption of tags. This
could be caused by the ECC etc. YAFFS1 tags are smaller, and I think JFFS2
does not use tags so this could explain why you don't see the problem there.

> Now,
> 1. On remount I am getting messages like:
> yaffs: Allocation block 20 was not highest sequence id: block seq = 655359,
> devseq = 269156351

The sequence Id's start at or around 4096 and increment by one every time a
new block is allocated. I very much doubt that 655359 blocks (==approx 80GB
of data) have been written.

> 2. Some writes produce
> **>> yaffs chunk 686 was not erased
> <repeat N times with incremented chunk number>

This indicates that the first chunk/page in a block was not written, but
subsequent chunks were. YAFFS does not do this, so it is maybe a tags
corruption.

> 3. Files after remount/reboot contain all zeros or disappear.

Again a tags issue would cause this.

Regards

-- Charles