[Balloon] Re: Balloon 2.6 kernel and root fs

Author: Nick Bane
To: Chris Jones
CC: Wookey, balloon@balloonboard.org, David Bisset
Subject: [Balloon] Re: Balloon 2.6 kernel and root fs
Chris Jones wrote:
> Colin Tuckley wrote:
>
>> It seems I was a bit premature, first, it's only a bootldr.small also
>> while
>> it seems to be happy with simple commands like "ver" and it downloads
>> a full
>> bootldr.fast using xmodem it doesn't appear to be burning it into flash
>> properly (the led for flash write doesn't come on like it usually does
>> during flash writes - or is that only for nand writes?) since the board
>> fails to reset at the end of the download/burn and has to be jflashed
>> to get
>> it going again. I haven't looked at that part of the code yet, it's on
>> the
>> list for later today.

Burning into NOR should not be a problem. Can you reinstall a
bootldr.small? That might be a useful test. It would indicate if the
problem is in bootldr.fast boot or burning it into NOR.

I know I am banging on about this but if the same code builds and runs
for gcc 2.95 and fails for 3.3 that might suggest that there is a deeper
problem. Can I suggest that you tgz your code and place it somewhere
public or even email it. I'll download it, build it under 2.95 and send
back the results.