[Balloon] Re: bootldr woes

Author: Nick Bane
To: Colin Tuckley
CC: balloon@balloonboard.org
Subject: [Balloon] Re: bootldr woes
Colin Tuckley wrote:
> Nick Bane wrote:
>

>>Please find the files attached for testing.
>

> Short version: Neither work.
>
> Long Version:
>
> The one built with 2.95 does not print the ACK0 messages, it still gives the
> flash errors though. I even tried using it to load itself and got a very
> similar error situation (it only has to erase one sector which appears to
> work but it then fails on the write).
>
> Output for both versions in the attached file.

Most interesting.

Does the flash erase with a stock bootldr? I guess it is just posible
that the flash/board is broken.

The fact that ACK0 is present in the second version suggests to me that
there is some compiler/linker dependency horror somewhere.

Off for 1/2 weekend's rest and to replace a dead car.

Good luck

Nick