RE: [Balloon] Wiki JTAG stuff updated

Author: David Bisset
To: 'Wookey', 'Balloon'
Subject: RE: [Balloon] Wiki JTAG stuff updated

>This would benefit from a bit of info for Balloon3 and on the LEDs from
>someone who knows.

Currently Nick and I are concentrating on debugging L3. There has been
considerable progress in the last week but we need to resolve as many issues
as we can before the 20 prototypes need filling with code (mid next week).

>(some bflash code would be very useful about now).

Sure, there will be a minor outpouring of code and documentation on L3
sometime next week as the 20 prototypes get configured. At this point bflash
the fpga bootldr and VHDL cores will see a first issue.

>We have a good selection of software people from TCL, Aleph One and Guralp
>on the IRC channel but we could really do with some hardware people hanging
>out there too, and someone from the Eng. dept would no doubt find it useful
>as well.

While this sounds good, Nick and I found the traffic load too high and the
relevance to getting L3 off the ground low. So we have decamped back to the
TCL IRC since we are in almost constant communication as hardware and
software issues are thrashed out... Once the 20 L3 boards are out there then
it will make sense for the Balloonboard IRC to carry L3 traffic as well and
doubtless we will "drop-in" more often.

>Can someone send me a schematic of Balloon3 yet?

I've currently taken the decision not to do this right now, (a short term
decision) as there are a number of known bugs and I think it would be much
fairer to all if these were flagged and also those areas at risk of change
were flagged on any schematics placed in the public domain. The first stage
in the respin process will be to produce exactly this.

ChrisJ's docs on the SolidLights website give ample documentation of
connectors etc and the architecture diagrams I prepared give a good overview
of the board. It is unlikely at this early stage that more detail will be
needed however once people get to grips with the P2 build boards (the 20 off
prototypes due next week) they may well want more detail.

David

iTechnic Ltd