Re: [Balloon] Re: Wiki JTAG stuff updated

Author: Nick Bane
To: 'Balloon'
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Re: Wiki JTAG stuff updated
> On 06-07-20 20:29 +0100, David Bisset wrote:
>>> This would benefit from a bit of info for Balloon3 and on the LEDs from
>>> someone who knows.
>> Currently Nick and I are concentrating on debugging L3. There has been
>> considerable progress in the last week but we need to resolve as many issues
>> as we can before the 20 prototypes need filling with code (mid next week).
>
> Right-ho.
>
>>> We have a good selection of software people from TCL, Aleph One and Guralp
>>> on the IRC channel but we could really do with some hardware people hanging
>>> out there too, and someone from the Eng. dept would no doubt find it useful
>>> as well.
>
>> While this sounds good, Nick and I found the traffic load too high

This is all true. I have also mostly been available the balloon IRC but my
input has been mainly bootldr based. I agree that traffic is frantic/absent
and shouldn't put off being present. However, nearly all the L3 natter has
been really only for me and David trying to get infrastructure working.

> Hmm, it is generally pretty low-traffic. Sometime no-one says anything for
> days. Perhaps you popped in at a busy time?
>
>> and the
>> relevance to getting L3 off the ground low. So we have decamped back to the
>> TCL IRC since we are in almost constant communication as hardware and
>> software issues are thrashed out... Once the 20 L3 boards are out there then
>> it will make sense for the Balloonboard IRC to carry L3 traffic as well and
>> doubtless we will "drop-in" more often.
>
> Well, it seems to me that L3 stuff is highly relevant on #balloon - so it
> would be better for all if your discussions were on the oftc#balloon channel
> rather than having separate L2 and L3 channels. Of course it is entirely up
> to you what you do, but this seems to me to be more of the balkanisation we
> have all agreed has been a problem to date. (this does explain why we have
> seen no L3 activity recently :-)
>
> Where is the TCL IRC channel? At least I can come to yours if you don't want
> to come to ours :-)

The TCL channel is really for TCL dev and not for general balloonacy.