[Balloon] Re: Bugzilla set up

Author: Wookey
To: balloon
Subject: [Balloon] Re: Bugzilla set up
On 06-08-04 18:15 +0100, David Bisset wrote:
> OK I've taken a look at this and have the following suggestion...

Right, prodded by chris whinging about not having good places to file
bugs I've added a load of products and components and versions to
bugzilla. Comments below. It should now be basically useable but
willno doubt need tweaking as time goes on.

> a) Boards and software "chunks" need to be products.
>     Bflash
>         Balloon2
>         Balloon3
>         FPGA/CPLD
>         Command Line
>         JTAG Interface
>         Other Devices
>         NOR Device Interface
>         IO Interface

This seems a lot of components for a relatively small bit of software.
I haven't added the first two as I think they come under platforms,
and I don;t actually understand what most of these mean. Does one of
them (e.g 'JTAG interface') mean 'JTAG dongle' (It should appear
somewhere)? Does 'Other devices' mean the CPU JTAG chain? What is 'IO
interface'? Look at the curent descriptions and suggest clarifications
please.

I'm not sure that we need a great pile of components for each bit of
software. They need to make sense to people filing bugs, and we are
not expecting insane numbers. A few basic categories is probably
sufficient, at least for now.

>     Kernel
>         {Others are better placed than me to decide here}

>     Root tree (could be sub divided? Thoughts...)

>     Base Modules (PCMCIA, USB Ethernet, etc)

I've put this under kernel

>     VHDL for CPLD/FPGA
>         CPLD
>         FPGA
>         Wishbone Interface
>         Module Extensions
>         PCMCIA
>         NAND
>         SAMOSA

Again the component descptions could be improved (to explain to the
less expert which one they might be wanting).

Currently most of these are allocated to me by default, bflash/VHDL
stuff to Dave and XJTAG and PCB layout stuff to Chris. I would have
allocated stuff to nick but he has devoisly not signed up yet...

I don't think mail notification is working yet. I haven't seen any for the
bugs Chris filed. Chris, did you get mail about them?

If people find it hard to find a place to file a bug then mail me with
better product/component suggestions. I suspect every product will need
an 'other' or 'general' option.

work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/