[Balloon] Re: bflash added to svn

Author: Wookey
To: balloon
Subject: [Balloon] Re: bflash added to svn
On 06-08-15 16:43 +0100, Wookey wrote:
> I've added dave's bflash utility to svn. I had to modify the makefile
> a bit to make it build. I've changed it to build directly as bflash
> rather than as jflashmm. Is there a reason for keeping jflashmm binary
> around?

[Answering my own mail]

It turns out that there is - this is how you prompt it into 'pretend
to be jflash' mode. So I've put that back.

Then I noticed that the test for 'was I called as jflash' doesn't
work if it is called as ./jflashmm or /usr/bin/jflashmm so I've fixed
that in SVN.

My initial tests show that it doesn't work very well on loon2 (as
expected). I get:

#sudo ./jflashmm Balloon2 -h

Base Address set to 0
Platform Balloon2
jtagSetDeviceAttributes
Testing port address 3bc ... found.
Setting LPT port to 0x3bc
id = 0x0
Part found    = 0x0
Expected Part = 0x9261013
Failed to identify device.

I haven't looked at what's going on here. Any clues?

> Do any docs on the command line options exist beyond what is in
> Configuring L3.doc?

Apparently not, but some peering at the code has got me some idea of
how it works. Dave, care to start a wiki page outlining the basic
stuff on bflash/jflash mode and syntax capabilites (i.e. what is
expected to work/not work).

work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/